- Unique Public Private Partnership in India with the Ministry of Finance.
- To promote skill development by catalyzing creation of large, quality, for-profit vocational institutions.
- Provides funding to build scalable, for-profit vocational training initiatives.
- Enable support systems such as quality assurance, information systems and train the trainer academies either directly or through partnerships.
- Promote skill development by catalyzing creation of large, quality, for-profit vocational institutions
- Acts as a catalyst in skill development by providing funding to enterprises, companies and organization
- The Government of India has set an overall target of skilling / up skilling 500 million (50 Crore) people in India by 2022, mainly by fostering private sector initiatives in skill development programmes and providing funding.
- NSDC has a target to contribute 30% to the overall target of GOI